Wedding trends change from year-to-year, but what doesn’t change is the significance of the day and the joy that a wedding brings. When it comes to themes, décor, food, and venue, the “trend” is to mix old and new; traditional with trendy and customize the day to your dreams.
So, what are the wedding trends for 2019?
One is that weddings are becoming more personalized than ever before. The focus is on the bride and groom’s wishes and tastes, rather than solely on the bride and/or what the families want. And the rest of the ideas, well – let’s just say – they’ll fit in with whatever you want your day to be!
This Year’s Wedding Styles Vary Greatly
According to Martha Stewart, Brides Magazine, and other professional wedding planners, bakers, and chefs, 2019 trends include:
- A very first for weddings! Couples are choosing to have their ceremonies set up differently, like in the round or in a winding, aisle configuration. Changing it up can make it easier for all guests to witness the details of the ceremony and make for a beautiful, less-stodgy configuration.
- A wide range of colors and fabrics. From edgy and moody, like dark blues and greens, to corals and romantic pale pinks and whites, in everything from lace to velvet fabrics. Basically – whatever your preference, go for it!
- The 2018 Royal Weddings have inspired a return to tradition. Classic ballroom-style receptions are back. Choose large, lush greenery and thick floral entryway arches, monogrammed linens, silver, candlesticks, stemmed crystal, and long banquet tables for guests (versus a bunch of round tables) adorned with low floral arrangements.
- Bringing the outside in and the inside out. It’s all about comfort! For outside and tented receptions, adding comfortable love seats, couch arrangements, and cushioned outdoor armchairs gives a “living room” feel and invites guests to relax and mingle rather than just sit at a dining table all night. For indoor receptions, the use of pampas grasses, rustic greenery and trees, and organic decorations bring in a breath of fresh air.
“Callier’s catered the food for our wedding and you would have thought we were royalty. Great food and service that beats anyone in town by a long shot. Super friendly and efficient staff!” – James Cooper
Let’s Talk About Wedding Food Trends
The quality, timing, and selection of the food can make or break a wedding reception. When the food is amazing and guests are never hungry, they feel loved and satisfied and it elevates the whole event to “unforgettable.” This year’s wedding food trends include a Welcome Bag, a return to the buffet and passed apps, Royal Wedding dining, and seasonal, “comfort” foods.
- With so much being done digitally, a Welcome Bag given at the first wedding event (friends/family meet-n-greet, rehearsal dinner, prewedding gathering) is a nice touch that welcomes guests. These usually include a high-end bottle of water, small bottle of wine, unique snacks, chocolates or something sweet, and a local gift item guests can keep to remember the day.
- A pre-dinner “grazing table” or passed apps of seafood, hummus, bruschetta, meat, cheese, and fruit offer a bright, vibrant display that eases the hunger until the happy couple arrives at the reception.
- For dinner, buffets are back with seasonal, fresh, high-end comfort food like bacon wrapped asparagus, local barbequed meats, and elevated Italian selections. Buffets make it easy for wedding guests to eat what fits with their dietary restrictions and food choices.
- Traditional, plated dinners are also on-trend and follow the Royal Wedding theme – be sure to add one or two vegetarian/vegan choices.
- A return to the “statement cake” with intricate detail dominates the cupcake and individual dessert trend of the last few years. However, a dessert and snack bar for later in the evening is also in the cards for those who linger.
Full-Service Wedding Catering & Planning in St. Louis
As you can see, the old saying, “The more things change, the more they stay the same,” can certainly apply to weddings! The important thing is to make your wedding the day of your dreams with the venue, décor, flowers, food, and details that suit you and your fiancé – and be sure to cherish every moment. Callier’s Catering of St. Louis can help you with your entire event from day one and pave the way for a smooth, memorable wedding that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
“Delicious!’ That’s all I kept hearing all night at my wedding. Our beautiful outdoor wedding was one for the books, and the carefully crafted menu Callier’s prepared was certainly a big part of that. In a family where my parents would always ask about the food on vacations before anything else, I knew that our menu had to be spectacular. From the mango shrimp appetizers to late-night beef skewers and cheese trays, Callier’s achieved that… and I am so thankful.” – T. Boyle-Spencer
It’s Easy to Plan Your Wedding with Callier’s
If you’re newly engaged or have decided on a wedding date, your first call (well – maybe your second call!) should be to an experienced, friendly Callier’s Catering Wedding Planner. It is never too early to begin planning, scheduling, and securing the details so that the days leading up to your wedding are calm and the wedding day itself is exactly what you’ve hoped for and more. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
“Since 1983, Callier’s Catering of St. Louis has been providing nourishing experiences through exceptional cuisine and first-class service for the most memorable wedding experiences imaginable.”